Thursday, 25 April 2013

Interview with Kate from Shop louise and co



Hello lovelies,
So this month I'm trying to be diverse in my style of blogging and I hope I'm succeeding ! Ha . Today I have another lovely interview from Kate a fashion and retail studies student who is also the owner of www.louiseandco.etsy.com which is an amazing online store that you should go and look at after you read this post ! So lets get started


How did you get started? And why ?
Wanting to get my toes wet in the online business world, I dabbled in the handcrafted jewellery department. Realizing that creating jewellery just wasn't for me, I began to grow a strong affinity towards re purposing vintage clothing.This love and ability to give vintage clothing a new purpose is what created Louise&Co. in October 2011.

Did you always want to be a designer ?

I'm not quite sure I want to be a designer, however I have always been interested in fashion. I find the idea of having my own business exciting as well; so naturally the next move for me was trying to find a way to merge both my love for fashion and business together. I do enjoy making my shorts and studding them, and I also enjoy the hunt for vintage clothing; but I also love all the behind the scenes stuff of running an Etsy shop.


I love your shorts they so cute which are your favourite pair ?

I think it's hard to say which pair is my favourite, because I put time, love, and effort into each pair. I really love the galaxy shorts though, because I was able to show my artistic side by hand painting each pair.

Who are your role models ?

I would say my biggest role models are my parents. I see how hard-working they all are, and it really inspires me to be that hard-working in everything I do. Other than my parents, I would say my role models are local boutique owners. I love how they created their own image in their head and made it into a successful shop and brand; I would love to be able to do that one day for myself.

What's next for Shop louise and co ?

I feel like there is a lot in store for Louise&Co. There's so much growing that can be done, and I work towards improving my shop everyday. I'm really excited because I have my first craft show coming up next month, and I plan on getting involved in more shows over the summer. Eventually, I would love to have Louise&Co. become a brick and mortar store.


Thank you so much for reading lovelies I hope you enjoyed this interview,
 go check out Kate's links as she is amazing !

No comments:

Post a Comment