Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Exclusive interview with Julia from Lucky Cat Vintage


Hello lovelies,
So recently I have been loving Lucky Cat Vintage and I though why not try and get an interview with the lovely owner Julia! So here it is, I hope you are as excited to read it, as I was to conduct it.


 Name: Julia Tobin
 Age: 25
 Location: Liverpool
 
What did you want to be when you were younger?
 I wanted to be so many different things when I was younger.  I wanted to be a nurse, a designer a chef!
 
When did you start your gorgeous company?
 Myself and my friend Steph started Lucky Cat Vintage in 2011 in Hong Kong
 
How/Why did you decide to stock vintage clothes?
We would always go to our favourite thrift shop every week in HK and find the most amazing pieces.  We found so many gems from Lanvin, and Hermes to Pucci.  The quality of the vintage we were able to source was on a whole new level to vintage I’d picked up before.  My love of vintage clothing and my passion for selling it lies in the fact that it is totally unique and specific to the personal style of the individual wearing it.
 
Are they actually vintage or vintage inspired? All pieces are vintage ranging from the 60’s up to 90’s. How did you get started?
 Myself and Steph started to actively collect pieces which caught our eye and then when I came back to England I began developing the brand.  I started out selling at vintage fairs and had an indoor market space.  Now we sell through the website and also have a collection at a shop called ‘Hatters Row’ in Warrington. 
 
Who's in your team?
Myself, Steph (though still living in HK) our model Emma Jayne Kevan and most recently we have worked with Maddy Yates who photographed our latest lookbook.
 
Looking on your website, I found so many really interesting pieces I would love to style like your Suede Tassle Jacket, Black Velvet Dungarees and your Moschino Leather Biker Jacket etc what are your favourite pieces and why?
Firstly, glad that you like the pieces Liz! My fave’s at the moment would have to be our cashmere Escada baby pink pea coat and baby pink 1960’s dress.  I love this shade of pink and its very on trend right now.  Personally, I would add some animal print textures to accessorize to add a hint of Burberry A/W13.    
 
 
 
Do you have a flagship store? If not would you ever get one? And where would you situate it?
Ooo that would be nice! I love to travel so it would be great to have a flagship store in London and one in America J  I went to California this summer and loved it!
 
Who are favourite style icons?
Edie Sedgwick, Jane Birkin and Solange Knowles has a great diverse style.
 
 
And who would be your dream celebrity to wear your clothes?
Alexa Chung hands down!
 
What fashion trends are you loving, at the moment?
 Anything Burberry, I’m obsessed! Heart print, PU, animal prints the lot. I also love Givenchy’s and Fendi’s A/W13 collections and the gingham at Prada.
 
And finally whats next for Lucky Cat Vintage? A shoe section? Possibly a male section?
  I would love to branch out into men’s clothing! At the moment though we’re focussing on spreading our global following, and pushing the brand out there as much as possible through social media, magazine and blog features.  We also have lots of beautiful new pieces to add to our online store.  Watch this space! Thanks for your support Liz J
 
 
So that is my exclusive interview with the lovely Julia.
I hope you enjoyed this post,
as I thinking of doing more interviews soon.
Until next time,
Lizzie
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment