Friday, 15 August 2014

Creative Moments: Kyra Macfarlane


Hello lovelies,
Today I have a really exciting post for you, it's an interview with the stunning Kyra! I know I haven't published an interview in a while but believe me when I say I genuinely love doing interviews; especially with interesting and lovely people like Kyra. So you are probably wondering what can you expect from this interview, well Kyra opens up about being signed to Boss, her career so far and world domination! So keep reading lovelies.


Name: Kyra Macfarlane
Age: 24
Occupation: Model


Hello Kyra, how are you?
Hi Lizzie! I am great thank you. How about yourself?

I am well thanks. So Kyra, what does a normal day for you, consist of?
I am not so sure there is such a thing as a 'normal day' in this industry. One day you might be shooting e-commerce from the comfort of a studio - the next, you could be up the top of a hill shooting on location! But that is what makes it so interesting and definitely what I love about it!



Have you always wanted to be a model? If not what occupation and why?
When I was a little girl this was absolutely what I wanted to do but never actually did. I don't actually think modelling was a thing where I lived previously?!  When I moved to Manchester I kind of forgot about it and ended up working in retail management haha.


How did you get signed to Boss?
I was actually scouted at work! Boss are a really great agency, so it wasn't long until I gave up my position to pursue modelling full time.

How long have you been a professional model for?
About a year now!

What brands or shows have you modelled for?
As I am a commercial model I don't do as many shows but I have walked for Todd Lynn, Phillip Armstrong, Harvey Nichols, Toni & Guy, Vidal Sassoon and pretty much all of the graduate fashion shows!

 
I have been fortunate enough to work with some amazing high profile brands in such a short space of time... Some of my most recent shoots have been for Harvey Nichols, Vidal Sassoon, Azendi, Tesco, Cricket fashion, The Metro and Lavish Alice.
 
What advice would you give to aspiring models?
First step is find yourself a good reputable agency and then make sure you look after and invest in yourself, be professional and have a positive attitude! I definitely believe that the more you put into something the more you get out of it.


Secondly don't be afraid of hard work. The hours can be long and the heels WILL be high, this is definitely not an industry for the faint hearted - you will face rejection but you just have to remember it is nothing personal; you may not be what one brand is looking for but amazing for another!

What do you do when you are off duty from modelling? (Hobbies, other jobs etc)
I pretty much live in the gym. I know that is really sad but I do!

How would you describe your personal style? What are your wardrobe staples?
I'd say my style is probably a mix of grunge and glam - Sometimes swinging more to one side than the other! As for my staple pieces, you are unlikely to find me without a jacket (blazer) whether that be paired with a tea dress & converse or skinny jeans & chunky boots!


 
What is the highlight of you career, so far?
It is so hard to pick one but I am going to go with one of my most recent campaign shoots for a new up and coming outwear brand called Knutsford. Keep an eye out for them -They are literally going to be everywhere really soon. Their coats and jackets are absolutely incredible!!



What is next for Kyra? What are your career/life goals?
Well next step is that I will be returning to London and after that most I definitely want to go international (watch this space!)

I hope you enjoyed this post and seeing as it is the end,
why don't you go and follow Kyra on instagram!
Until next time lovelies
Lizzie
xxxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment