Thursday, 9 April 2015

Cinderella Exhibit! (Sandy Powell X Swarovski)


Hi lovelies,

I hope you have all had a relaxing Easter. Recently my lovely friend Diana and I, took a step in the world of Magic; when we went to the Cinderella Exhibit in Leicester Square. Which for anyone who knows me was very exciting, as I love beautifully elaborate costumes and fairytales (you are never too old, don't let anyone tell you any different!).

Leaving thoughts from coming out of the magical world were: I was mesmerised by the fact that all the costumes were actually worn by the actually cast, how the gorgeous glass slipper is and how did the team reconstruction a pop-up exhibit into the actual house of Cinderella!





                      The detail and embroidery on each garment is absolutely beautiful!


I still can't get over the fact that this dress would have been seen as a rag and something to
do chores in! 



Can I please have  Godmother!?




This dress is even more beautiful in real-life than the picture portrays.

I would just like to take a minute to reflect on how beautiful and how exact the sketches for each legendary sketch actually is! I mean just utterly magical.





How could I not end the post without showing you this beauty of a shoe! It is definitely worth all
the time is took to design and make (150 hours to be exact, not forgetting the six versions which need were made!).
This gorgeous shoe not only had the children but also the adults in awe, with it featuring 221 solid Swarovski crystals and facets of blue Aurora Borealis coating. Just stunning and why not go to my Instagram to see it glimmer and shine in the video I filmed.


Good news the exhibit is until tomorrow, so go if you haven't already!
Until next time lovelies,
Lizzie
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment