Thursday, 2 April 2015

Kaftan Festival 2015

Hi lovelies,

Two Saturdays ago (I know I am sorry, I have been doing so well blogging wise - except for LFW which are on there way I promise. I am just currently sick) I was invited to the Kaftan Festival at Westfield (White City) which I was really excited about having the opportunity to see the rising and established designers in the floaty world of Kaftans. However I was pleasantly surprised with the collections, as even though Kaftans were heavily embedded in most collections, the rest of the pieces included were perfect ready-to-wear pieces for any occasion.

Another factor that intrigued about the show, was that this was their very first Kaftan festival which was sponsored and hosted by the Women's Growth and Success Foundation - who are a really beneficial and vital foundations, whose main aim is to encourage women in business. And not only mentor but also help women feel empowered and confident in themselves and their business - which I think is an amazing foundation and is really relevant for any female.

MUA doing a Kim KW inspired make-up look! (Which did take longer than expected and I
personally thought that the MUA applied more make-up then was needed on this beautiful model.
However the end result was pretty.


So if you didn't Kaftan's are definitely so in and to be honest I don't think they will ever be out; partly because of the sheer versatility of the trend. And the fact anyone can wear it and look beautiful because loose structure of the material which is very figure-flattering, comfortable and perfect for the holiday season! Plus you can fold it easily in your suitcase or beach bag; with no worries of it wrinkling!

And now for some of my favourite pieces from all the collections that were showcased.







I love the little details.



Reminds me of a modern day Belle!

A modern day Cinderella? 




Princess alert!


How gorgeous is this - perfect for any event!


Lovely and minimalistic.

I hear Spanish Senorita! 


Absolutely beautiful! 
I love this it is so pretty and perfect for the summer period!


The talented designers!

Designers showcased:
Aisha Kabital
Amal Al Hajri
Balkees Al Qadheb
Eman Benjabi
Farida Al Bannai
Maryam Fakhri
May Kazma
Nadya Hazbunova
Rasha Al Khaldi
Shurooq Saleh Salmeen
Usya Soeharjono
Zaeem Jamal
Until next time lovelies,
Lizzie
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment