Saturday, 18 July 2015

A trip to Brighton + catch- up

Hello lovelies,

I know it has been a while but after finishing my first year of university, I just felt I needed a well deserved rest. Although saying that I haven't been resting as much but instead writing a personal project, that will be maybe be shared with you in the future (hopefully if it all goes well!). Okay so I am babbling now.

Last month I took a little weekend trip away to Brighton as it was my older sister's birthday and what better way to mark this special occasion, then with a trip away! I must also say that, this weekend away was not only a birthday trip but a celebration of me finishing my first year alive ... well kind of.

(p.s a lot of filtered pictures ahead)










It was truly a lovely experience to go back to Brighton, as I have fond memories as a child of being in Brighton, laying on the pebble and sand mix, throwing rocks in the water, eating way too much candy floss and ice-cream; but most of all feeling calm. So all in all I think it was a nostalgic and reflective weekend away.

So I thought as this is my blog and this was a bit of a personal lifestyle post, why not open up about my lack of blogging. One of the main reasons why I haven't blogged in a while is because I have for the most part felt over-whelmed, tired, stressed and really busy - which let me tell you is not a nice feeling to have and most importantly is not an atmosphere I would like to impose on my blog or my readers.

However,  recently when I was talking to a lovely and wise friend of mine, he told me that taking a break is healthy and normal. Not only in writing and blogging terms but also in life, as I confessed how guilty I felt for not blogging as much and that I wished I could be more consistent.  So this is me trying, putting myself out there, as they say. And as I am typing this I feel so much better now for having a break from blogging. As I feel like I have grown as a person and have a new outlook on how I want my posts to look and be, so look out for subtle changes.

Until next time lovelies,
Lizzie
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment