Sunday, 27 September 2015

Visualised X Little Simz


Hello lovelies,

A little while back, I was invited to Little Simz' album launch by a friend of mine, Holly (the fashion illustrator) as her work was being showcased during an exclusive launch at the Red Bull Studios. Which I was really excited about for two reasons:1. I had not had the chance to see one of Holly's pieces in real life and 2. The opportunity had never risen for me to go to an album launch. So I guess you could say that night was a evening full of firsts (pun intended!). 

One thing that you may notice if you know Little Simz music and something I quickly noticed is that I was a tad bit overdressed for the occasion. Although the Oscar Wilde quote 
“You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” may spring to mind, as it did for me when I wore this outfit.

However this definitely was not that type of moment and I would have rather been underdressed. In hindsight I would have probably wore a different outfit e.g. Loose tee, jeans and trainers but hey you live and you learn! 

On with the evening, it was a good night out. Not what I have been accustom too from going to various fashion but it definitely made me feel very nostalgic of my younger years when I was heavily into rap.  Although saying that, I definitely did have a good time, sipping the delicious Rum and apple concoctions that were served and listening and dancing to Little Simz' live performance (complied of 5 songs). Also I must say that she seems like a really cool and down to earth girl who mingled with everyone during the night.













So I would definitely recommend listening to Little Simz album, as you may just like a song or 3!

Until next time lovelies,
Lizzie
xxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment