Tuesday, 22 March 2016

Clio Peppiatt SS16


Hello lovelies,

During fashion week shows have always taken priority over presentations - and I must admit I used to think that shows were more exciting because of the anticipation, the music, the frowers, and the high-profile models.

However, the more I mature and have the opportunity to visit shows and presentations, I have realised that presentations are just as important, if not more so than shows - especially with the shift from traditional shows to relaxed informal presentations.

Personally, I find presentations to be less stress than shows, as it holds fewer people, allows you time to interact with the designer and offers the the advantage view the collection closely!

Onto the collection, Kiss The Future, as you will see below it is an explosion of fun and youthful colours. Springing to mind a compilation of pop magazine 'cover girls' with a twist of 70s meets 90s teen-girl nostalgia. Though saying this, on paper it may seem a bit too avant-garde but in reality the pieces are quite wearable because Clio has tapped into what I like to call the 'revival trend'; allowing our generation to relive the heyday that we never experienced but wished we did!

All in all, the collection is filled with an array of hyper feminine pieces that are light-hearted and fun, which I believe is what fashion is all about, right?

Also I know I do not often talk about beauty (sporadic is an understatement) but I love how fresh and glossy, effortless it is - perfect when toned down a tad for summer nights out.







Until next time lovelies,
Lizzie
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment